Friday, October 5, 2007

Adoption Searching...Not so Easy

Ahhhh...yeah, I'd take the power of the world...right here at my fingertips on the Internet and start searching out information on adoption, birth parents, adoptees....

Be so easy...can find out ANYTHING on the Internet, eh?

ha

You think other people can find out anything about you on the Internet... I hear it all the time on the news. Identity theft, credit card fraud, stalkers... and so on.

People can use the Internet to find out everything...

Well, not everything.

Seems that searching information about your own self and YOUR OWN identity is not an easy task.

I can go to my library and track births and deaths of my neighbors back to the 1800s via census information, newspapers, funeral records...all that jazz.

Right there at my fingertips. On the Internet, I can find their grandfathers social security number, birth information...whatever.

But me...

not so much.

Apparently I need to be safeguarded...from me.

So I can write in and ask some random person...in some random office...if they would deign to discuss me...with me.

Even then I don't get a 'discussion'.

My identity has been stolen by the state of California it seems.

...for my own protection.

bah.

2 comments:

Ungrateful Little Bastard said...

I'm sorry, it's such a frustrating feeling, to be deemed by strangers as either a person who needs to be protected, or a person someone else needs to be protected FROM, simply because you're adopted.

Nuts, right?

Nathan Gwilliam said...

I'm interested in continuing your blogging project at adoptions.blogspot.com. Would you be interested in selling this blog so I can keep going with it?