Sunday, September 2, 2007

Talking out loud about adoption searches....

Sometimes...okay...all the time...I ramble.

I suppose that's why I thought it would be interesting to start this blog about adoptions, searching for biological parents, and what not.

I am curious about it...granted. Not because I have a bunch of unanswered questions...but, I don't know...just curious.

I talk to no one about it. No one...not my husband, not my friends, not my dogs...lol. I'm not sure why...I think perhaps if I talked about it, then that would be taken as a slight against my parents.

I know...kind of silly. I'm 39 years old...definitely past the point of being able to speak for myself. But, I guess maybe I think people would automatically presume I am dissatisfied with my family and on the hunt for a new one.

Since I don't talk about it...my knowledge is obviously LIMITED. lol

I have read a variety of different postings on the internet....but so many seem to follow a theme of people who 'find' their 'families' and start this whole new life with them as a part of it....or those who hope to do so.

I wonder why adoptions are such a secret thing. Kind of wierd that one would be forced to search for something that ought to be obvious. You know...like an obvious fact, not something that would require private detectives and black op quests.

I've seen the different boards, but good grief...what happens once you sign up on that? Suddenly you've opened Pandora's box.

ouch.

No comments: