Friday, August 3, 2007

Searching for a Birth Parent....

Wow...now I've got to say that searching for a birth parent must be a mind-boggling quest to decide to undertake.

I mean...how does someone decide to do this. I mean...to really do it. Sign up in the adoption registry and search boards...the whole nine yards. To actually really connect with this person(s).

I know everyone who is adopted has their own story....and for many I can quickly understand why they'd want to know.

However...could I ever take that step.

Ouch...I dunno. Maybe I'm a coward...lol...that part of me that just "knows" that whoever it is would probably be a jerk so why bother.

You know....the part that says no way could I trust that a complete stranger would act like a decent human being if I ever 'found' them....

No comments: